This article is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your Outlook software to work with (mt) Media Temple’s hosting solutions.
Third-party software can not be supported directly by (mt) Media Temple. If you have further questions about configuring Outlook, please visit http://support.microsoft.com/.
Alongside the essential features of mail.com, you will also find many tools to help you stay organized and communicate more effectively. The Mail Collector feature allows you to combine multiple accounts and access them all from one central client that is accessible online. Thanks to our universal access and useful forwarding feature, you can view your correspondence anywhere and at any time – the ideal solution for those always on the move.
Unlimited email storage and a comprehensive archiving system will ensure you always have access to your important correspondence whenever you require it. Alongside this, when you set up new email account with mail.com, you will also benefit from 2 GB of cloud data storage for your photos, music and other documents. This, combined with email attachments of up to 50 MB, gives you the chance to easily share files with friends, family and colleagues.
Finally, when you set up new email account with mail.com, you will also have full access to the Organizer feature. A simple and efficient way to keep up with your scheduling, Organizer allows you to quickly add appointments from your email to help keep you on top of your busy life. Invite colleagues to important meetings and share your work schedule with family and friends to ensure you never miss an appointment. What’s more, printable calendars are also available for those occasions when you are away from a computer.
Before you start, be sure you have these handy:
- Your domain name: example.com
- Your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please read this article: Creating a POP/IMAP email account.
- Your email password.
Configure Outlook 2011
- Open Outlook 2011.
- If this is your first time using Outlook 2011, you’ll see a welcome banner like the one in Figure 1.
- If you are adding another email account to Outlook, from the top menu, click on Tools. Then click on
- Click on the Email Account icon,
- This window is where you enter your email information
Enter your email account information in this window.
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3 or IMAP. We recommend IMAP.
- Enter mail.example.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter mail.example.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections.
- Enter your full email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the User Name field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
Next, we’ll configure your Outgoing server settings. Click on the More Options… button. For Authentication, select Use Incoming Server Info. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections. Click OK to save your settings.
Find your Exchange mailbox server settings
- If you’re connecting to an Exchange mailbox and not using Office 365 email, or if you aren’t sure if you’re using Office 365 email, do the following to look up your settings:
- Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App. For help signing in, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
- In Outlook Web App, on the toolbar, select Settings Settings icon > Mail > POP and IMAP.
- The POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server name and other settings you may need to enter are listed on the POP and IMAP settings page.
What server settings do I need from my email provider?
To help you get the info you need, we’ve put together a handy chart of the email server settings you should ask for. You will most likely have to set up your email as an IMAP or POP account as well. What are POP and IMAP? Check with your provider if you’re not sure which to use.
Note: When you use an IMAP or POP account, only your email will sync to your device. Any calendar or contacts associated with that account will be stored only on your local computer.
Follow these instructions to get your email settings:
- Print out this page and maintain it within reach.
- Call your email supplier and seek for settings in the chart below.
- Enter the corresponding email server settings in the empty column.
- Return to the email app and enter the details to accomplish your email setup.
Email Account Setup
One of the many benefits of owning a domain name and hosting account is that you can create custom, professionally branded email addresses. This article explains the steps to set up new email account on your domain.
Create an Email Account
First, follow the steps below to access your Email Manager:
- Log into the host account.
- Select the Hosting menu at the topmost of the page.
- Select the Email in the sub-menu.
- Use the links in the left, you can generate and manage your email accounts and other settings, like email forwarders, spam filters, auto responders, and more.
Next, follow the steps below to set up new email account:
- The Email Accounts section should already be highlighted, but if it isn’t, click on it now.
- Click Create an Email Account.
- Enter the new email address prefix (before the @ symbol), and then select the domain you want to use from the drop-down menu. Email addresses can contain periods or dots as well. For example: email@example.com.
- Create a password within the guidelines listed on the page, or click Generate Password and our system will generate one for you.
- Next, select your preferred default webmail client from the drop-down menu. If you’re not sure which one you want to use, select “I want to choose later.”
- Under Mailbox Storage, set the storage limit for this mailbox. If you aren’t sure of the user’s needs, you may want to select the default limit of 250 MB now and make any necessary adjustments later. Once a user reaches their quota, any incoming mail will bounce back to the sender, so it’s important to set a reasonable limit.
- Finally, click Create.
Submit your review
Do you want to setup a new email account and synchronize all your other emails with Microsoft outlook? Well, you need to call this support. I got all the help and support to setup a new email account, change the email server configuration and got everything ready by the end of the call. The support was superb and everything was done swiftly