Most of the times, the Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 occurs when the operating system badly fails to connect to the server. There are some significant and mandatory updates for Windows users which can’t be avoided. These necessary updates provide some amazing features, performance and function enhancement for Windows users. Usually, while updating the Windows 10, you encounter with an error code 0x80070422 with a message which says, “There were some problems installing updates, but we will try again later.” There are some manual solutions through which you can quickly rectify the Windows 10 update error itself. And, if the issues and bugs are still there, then you can simply contact the PHLAdvisor technical expert team to eliminate Windows 10 update errors.
Causes Of Update Error 0x80070422 In Windows 10
- Basically, the most common reason for the occurrence of Windows update error code 0x80070422 is improper network services.
- Another reason for the occurrence of updation error code 0x880070422 is outdated or missing drivers from your operating system.
Solutions To Fix The Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422
There are some possible solutions to fix the error code 0x80070422 in Windows 10. Follow the below-mentioned methods
METHOD 1 – Check Network Connection And Its Services
For the proper functioning of your system, it’s crucial to check network services in your system. In order to do the following changes in network services, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- Press Windows logo key + R simultaneously.
- In the search run box, type “services.msc” and click Enter.
- Now, navigate the “Network connection” service and ensure that its status column should be “Running.”
- If the network connection services aren’t running, then right click on it and choose “Start” option.
- Then check the “Windows Firewall” services and its status column should be “Running.”
- If the Windows firewall services aren’t running, then enable “Start” by right clicking on “Start” option.
- Find the “DCOM Server Process Launcher” services and ensure its status should be “Running.”
- If the status column of “DCOM Server Process Launcher” isn’t running, then enable it by right clicking on “Start” option.
- Afterwards, locate the “BitLocker Drive Encryption” services and check its status column.
- If the status column of BitLocker Drive Encryption isn’t running, then right-click on it and select “Start” option.
- Lastly, close the tab and try to install update for Windows 10.
METHOD 2 – In Network Center, Disable IPv6
After the disabling of IPv6 in your system can surely resolve the Windows update error 0x80070422. Below-listed are the steps to disable IPv6 in your operating system:
- Click Windows key + R altogether.
- Now, choose “Network Connections.”
- On the right side of the pane, select “Network and sharing center.”
- In the Network and sharing center Window, locate your connection and click on it to get further information.
- Press “Properties”
- Now, Disable the “Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv6)” in the properties tab.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
- Finally, restart your computer and install updates in Windows 10.
METHOD 3 – Windows Update Service
Windows update service is directly related to all the updates and process. Therefore, some modifications in Windows update services will resolve the error 0x80070422. Follow the below-listed steps to manually modify the changes:
- Press Windows +R key simultaneously.
- In the run box, type “services.msc” and click o “Enter” button.
- Now, in the Windows, locate “Windows Update.” Select it by double-clicking on it.
- Then search for “Startup Type” and in the given options select “Automatic.”
- Afterwards, if the service status is “Stopped”, then click on the “Start” option.
- Lastly, click on the “Apply” option and save the changes.
- Now, you can check the Windows updates.
METHOD 4 – Disabling Of Network List Service
Sometimes, disabling the network list service resolve the problem. Therefore, follow the below-listed steps to disable the Network list service:
- Hold Windows + R key altogether.
- In the run box, type “service.msc” and click “OK.”
- Now, in the following Window, locate the “Network list service” option.
- If the startup type is manual, then select the “Automatic” option.
- Now, click on the “Start” option, if the status is showing “Stopped.”
- Finally, click on “Apply” option to save the required changes.
- Now, you can check your recent Windows updates and easily install it.
The error 0x80070422 can actually causes a lot of issues while updating Windows 10. Fortunately, this error can be rectified by following the above-mentioned methods. If none of the methods works to resolve the error code 0x80070422, then it is recommended that you should take help from PHLAdvisor. Their professional and dedicated technicians will quickly resolve the error in a limited time period. Moreover, their service providers are available 24×7 to handle all the technical issues i.e window update error, window recovery error and etc.