Before proceeding on how to wipe a computer clean window 7 and re-installation of Windows 7, make sure that the computer is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive.
Changing the Boot Sequence
- To change the Boot Sequence in your computer, shut down your computer.
- Start the computer and keep tapping either ESC, F1, F2, F8, or F10 during the startup screen.
- Depending on the BIOS manufacturer, a menu will appear.
- Enter the BIOS setup utility page.
- Use the arrow keys on the keyboard and go to the BOOT tab.
- The system devices will be shown and the main priority will be given to the hard drive.
- Now set the main Priority to CD/DVD Rom. Save and exit the BIOS utility page.
How to Wipe Computer Clean and installing Windows 7
- Now Insert your Windows 7 installation disc in the CD/DVD-ROM drive and restart the computer.
- As the computer starts you will get a message “Press any key to boot from CD,” press any random key from the keyboard.
- Hit Enter key at the Windows Setup welcome screen.
- The Operating System installation screen will appear on the computer screen.
- The first option will be to select your preferred language to select your choice of language and then click Next.
- Click on agree on the License Agreement page and click Next.
- On the Installation screen, from the various options available choose the Custom option.
- Select the advanced option. For Disk 0 option, select and delete all partitions.
- After you have deleted all the partition, you will see a single slot “Unallocated space.” now click on Disk 0 option again and select Next.
- The Windows 7 installation process will start by formatting the entire hard disk and then installing Windows 7 on the hard drive.