For the convenience of users, iPhones come across with the feature to get unlocked by means of a passcode. However, a majority of times, users end up entering the wrong passcode which gives rise to a new issue: the iPhone gets disabled.
If you have entered an incorrect passcode to unlock your device multiple times, there will be a waiting window for you. The waiting window generally lasts up to five minutes. However, if you keep putting the wrong passcode, again and again, the waiting time increases further until your device gets disabled.
When the error message pops up on the screen, here is how it looks like:
“X wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Try again in Y minute”.
In the above example, X stands for the number of attempts, whereas Y denotes time in minutes.
When you fail to enter the correct passcode even after the tenth attempt, this is what flashes on the screen:
“10 wrong password: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes.”
So, how to unlock a Disabled iPhone 6 Without iTunes?
The message itself suggests what a user ought to do when the functionalities of their expensive iPhone come to a grinding halt.
Do you know there is a way to bring your device back on track without connecting it to iTunes? Here’s how you can do so by performing a few simple steps.
How to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes
If you have been seeking a method to unlock your iDevice safely without linking it to iTunes, you could use iMyFoneLockWiper.
The application comes across with an option, “Unlock Disabled iPhone/iPad. The best part about this app is that one does not need to be tech-savvy to use it. All you need to do is click by choosing the right options.
It may either use a 4 digit or a 6 digit passcode to unlock your iPhone. Also, it can accomplish the task by using Face ID and Touch ID.
So, do you want to know how to unlock a disabled iPhone 6 without iTunes? Given below are some simple steps that you need to restore the functionalities of your iPhone.
Alongside iPhone 6, you will also come to know how to unlock a disabled iPhone 7 without iTunes in the subsequent sections.
Steps to unlock a disabled smartphone without iTunes
- Download iMyFoneLockWiper on your computer and install it by following the instructions. Next, launch the app on your computer and select start.
- Before you connect your iPhone to your computer, make sure that you use only the authentic USB cable. Using any other kind of cable is a strict no-no.
- Now follow the instructions given in the manual to boot your device in DFU mode. Make sure that you follow the specific instructions that are intended for your device.
- Next, confirm the information pertaining to your iPhone device. In case the information is not correct, you can select the right one from the drop-down menu.
- Download the compatible firmware for your device by typing clicking the “download tab”.
- The next step you need to perform is the verification of the package. You can do this with ease by clicking the option “Start to Verify”.
- After completing the last step, click “Start Unlock” to set your iPhone in the unlocking mode
- As soon as you are done with the last step, you will see a pop-up window. Enter “000000” as the input value and then proceed to the next step. At this stage, it is imperative to make certain that your iPhone is connected to your computer. Usually, this will not take a long time.
That’s it! This concludes the troubleshooting steps to unlock Disabled iPhone Without Itunes.