On Windows 10, total updates are not any more optional, they’re required, which implies that they download and install automatically when they’re prepared. In spite of the fact that this automatic update prevents your system from those bugs or vulnerabilities, many people don’t like this option.
Most people utilizing windows 10 need stop the automatic update and continue hunting down the conceivable tricks to do as such. On the off chance that you are one of them, you can start by attempting the below mentioned methods.
How to stop windows 10 automatic update?
Here are the ways on how to stop windows 10 automatic update. Follow the steps strictly to avoid those automatic updates.
Method 1: Disable Windows update service
- Press the Windows logo key + R in the meantime to summon the Run box.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Look down to Windows Update, and double click on it.
- In Startup type, select Disabled. Now, click Apply and OK to save the settings.
Method 2: Change the Setting of the Group Policy Editor
The Group Policy is available with the Windows 10 professional, enterprise or education version. The group policy editorial manager will advise you of new updates without automatically installing them. Here are the steps on how to turn off Windows 10 update.
- Press the Windows logo key + R at that point type gpedit.msc and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
- Double-click on ‘Configure Automatic Updates’.
- Select ‘Disabled’ in Configured Automatic Updates on the left, and then click Apply and OK to stop the Windows automatic update feature.
Method 3: Meter Your Network Connection
This technique works only when you perform the steps using a Wi-Fi connection. On the off chance that your computer is associated with Wi-Fi, you can attempt this to stop windows 10 from updating.
- Click the Start button at the base left on your work area. Now, click the ‘Settings’ application.
- Click on ‘Network and Internet’.
- Click Wi-Fi in the left side. Now, click on the name of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Click to turn on Set as metered connection.
Method 4: Using Registry
To begin with this method to solve the query of how to prevent windows 10 update, you need to take back up of your computer data. This is done to prevent any loss of data in case of any error.
- Utilize the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type regedit, and click OK to open the Registry.
- Right-click the ‘Windows’ key, select ‘New’, and after that click ‘Key’.
- Name the new key ‘WindowsUpdate’ and now press ‘Enter’.
- Right-click the recently made key and select new, and click on ‘Key’.
- Name the new key ‘AU’ and press ‘Enter’.
Inside the recently made key, right-click on the right side, select ‘New’, and click on ‘DWORD (32-bit) Value’.
- Name the new key ‘AUOptions’ and press ‘Enter’.
Double click the recently made key and change its incentive to 2. This value is for 1’Notify for download and notify for install”. Click OK.
- Close the Registry to finish the process.
Utilizing the above method will teach you how to stop automatic updates Windows 10. By along these lines, you can maintain a strategic distance from any auto Windows 10 update successfully.
In case, while updating the settings to prevent the automatic updates, you face any issue, you can contact the experts for how to stop windows 10 automatic update or additional technical support.