Connect your printer to the wireless network before we begin setting up the printer on mac. While setting up the wireless printer you may be prompted to enter your WiFi username and password.
Now, install the printer drivers onto your Mac with the CD that came along with your printer. If no CD is available then, go online and enter your printer model number and download the software for your printer model from your printer manufacturers official website.
Here are the steps for how to setup wireless printer on Mac
- On your Mac computer, Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Double-click on Print & Scan (Print & Fax) control panel in the hardware selection.
- In the Print & Scan (Print & Fax) window, click on the plus sign (+) button.
- Click on the IP tab in the Print Browser window and choose “internet Protocol IPP” from the list of available protocols.
- Type in your wireless printer ip address and queue name.
- The Name and Location fields are for your reference to keep track of your printers and differentiate between multiple ones.
- Select the correct driver from the Print Using drop-down menu
- Click on the name of the printer on the printer list to be taken to the manufacturer’s driver download page.
- Click Add. The printer will be added to your list of printers.