How to reset a forgotten password on windows 10, 7 & 8
In order to reset a forgotten password on windows 10
- This is the basic way out, one user needs to enter the Windows password reset account available on the website
- Select resetting password option from the list
- Choose “I forgot my password” from the drop down list if you are trying to get the access back by resetting password.
- The website will then verify your identity through any registered email or the contact number by sending one time passcodes or specific emails.
- The passcode pops up and your get access to your system by using the same.
- N worst cases the system might need rebooting or downloading specific application for the same work.
In order to reset a forgotten password on windows 7
- One can get back access by using a password reset disk on windows 7
- Make sure the disc is in the system as you type the wrong password.
- The button below saying “reset password” needs to be clicked
- The password reset wizard appears on screen and you must click next button
- Select the password reset disc from the drop down list and click next
- Now you can keep a new password and get it secured by hint question setup
- Click next followed by finish to end the process and enter the system with new password
- Password can also be reset using the reboot facility which may lead to loss of data from the system
- Command prompt method can also be used to reset password effectively
In order to reset a forgotten password on windows 8
- User can use the Microsoft account to get the password reset without using the reset disc
- One can reset password by using the hint question that pops up after typing the wrong password.
- User can always access the system by inserting the reset disc and boot the system after which it will open the troubleshoot menu and select the advanced options
- Click on command prompt button on the page
- Type diskpart command and press enter. Then listvol is to be typed and disk partition list can be viewed from which you can find your windows installation partition.
- Type exit to move out of the page
- Following command can be given in the box
- cd windows
- cd system 32
- ren utilman.exe utilman.exe.bak
- cpy cmd.exe utilman.exe
- these commands will do the necessary and boot the system
- after that click on the ease of access button on top left
- this opens command prompt window
- type net user and press enter
- enter command and reset the password
- Restart the system and enter with new password.