Unfortunately Apple mac OS and OS X does not come with a built in rar files utility tool that opens all RAR files. However you can use a third party software to open RAR file. if you visit mac app store, you will find a good number of RAR utility tools available. You can download any of those third party software and use it for how to open RAR files on mac.
The steps on how to open a RAR file on Mac using a third party software is all the same.
- Download any RAR utility tool from the Mac app store and install the software in the computer.
- Go to the folder where the RAR file is located.
- Right click on the file that you want to open, select the option Open with
- Select the utility tool name that you have download.
- It will extract the compressed file in the same folder.