Microsoft Corporation keeps rolling out Windows software and update from time to time. Windows 10 – the latest version of the Windows OS – is yet another valuable addition to the list.
As a general rule, every new version of Windows comprises certain advanced features and the same holds true also in case of Windows 10. You can switch to this latest version of Windows OS provided your machine meets all the requirements for a successful installation.
Here is what you should do if you are planning a fresh install Windows 10.
Step 2: Once the download process is complete, run the tool and choose the option which corresponds to the creation of installation media for an additional personal computer.
Step 3: Click next after changing or accepting the installation options.
Step 4: For the purpose of burning to a DVD later on, you can either choose an ISO file or a USB flash drive and then click “Next”.
Step 5: Choose a partition and then click on “Next” again. The media installation tool will start creating media for you.
Step 6: Once the media installation is complete, click “Finish”.
Step 7: Insert a DVD or a USB flash drive and restart your PC.
Step 8: Press any key to boot from either the DVD drive or the USB flash drive.
Step 9: Follow the instructions that you see on the subsequent prompts. Keep the license key of Windows 10 handy. After entering the key correctly, read the terms and conditions. If you agree to the terms and conditions, agree to them.
Alternatively, you can also install Windows 10 using from a USB flash drive. The process to do so is discussed below.
How to install Windows 10 from USB
The overall procedure of the installation of Windows 10 to a computer can be broken down into the following three simple steps:
1. Formatting the drive and activating the main partition
- To begin with, connect your flash drive with the USB support to a PC.
- Open disk management by right clicking on start and then choosing the disk management option.
- Format the partition now. Choose “Format” after right-clicking on “Start”. To ensure that you are able to boot both UEFI-based and BIOS-based PC, choose the FAT32 file system.
- Right-click the partition which corresponds to the USB drive and click on the option which says, “Mark Partition as Active”. Alternatively, you can also think of utilizing disk part for the purpose.
2. Copying Windows Setup to the USB drive
- Copy and paste the components of ISO or Windows product DVD to the USB drive using File Explorer.
- To make the process automatic rather than manual, add an unattended file.
- Installing Windows to a PC
- Attach the USB flash drive to a computer to wherein you wish to install Windows 10 operating system.
- When the computer is powered on, tap the keys Esc, F10 or F12 to open the boot-device selection menu. Choose the option in connection with booting the PC from the USB flash drive.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- When the installation process is complete, disconnect the USB flash drive from the computer.
How to install fonts on Windows 10
When the fonts that come across with the recent version of Windows 10 fail to build a favorable impression on your mind, the next thing you may want to do is look for fresh fonts. This can come in handy for your graphic design or PowerPoint presentation.
Before you proceed with the steps to install a particular font on your computer, you will need to download the font of your choice. Google fonts are an ideal source to download numerous fonts that enhance the visual appeal of a brochure or a document in which they are used. Apart from being free of cost, this is the sure-fire way to getting some stylish fonts as well.
Once you are done with this step, you can think about going ahead with the remaining steps as given below.
Step 1: Open the folder in which you have stored the downloaded fonts.
Step 2: Choose the .ttf extension which relates to the font which you wish to install on your computer.
Step 3: Right click on it and select “install” thereafter.
Step 4: Navigate to “control panel”. Now, click on “fonts”.
Step 5: To be doubly sure, preview the font.
Step 6: Now go to Microsoft Word and open the software.
Step 7: Push the drop-down menu for fonts and choose your font from the list which follows.
So, these are some of the easy steps that you can try out if you wish to install the Windows 10 operating system on your computer. Consider approaching a professional in case you are not sure how to go about it.