There are few warning signs that a computer shows indicating the computer is infected with virus.
The warnings are
1. Computer programs running or opening up by themselves that you did not turn on yourself.
2. The computer is running very slow.
3. Loud sound from the hard drive of the computer
4. Pop-up messages appearing on your computer screen and you are unable to remove them.
To get rid of a computer virus completely from the computer, you can use anti-virus software and run a complete scan on the computer.
But here we will discuss additional manual steps we can take to confirm a 100% virus removal from the computer. Entering the Safe Mode to delete all temporary files and disk clean up.
- To enter in Safe Mode, press and hold the Shift key and click on the start menu to restart the computer.
- The computer will restart in UEFI advanced boot option.
- From the options available click on troubleshoot,> go to advanced option > select startup settings > and hit the Restart button.
- Press number 5 or F5 to select Safe Mode With Networking.
- The computer will restart and enter in Safe Mode.
- While in the Safe Mode Screen, Go to the Start menu> All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup > Scroll through all the Files and go To Delete list, and choose the option Temporary Files.
(By doing this, we are deleting files so that it will speed up the virus scanning and it also gets rid of a computer virus if the virus was programmed to start when the computer starts.)
- Exit from Safe Mode by shutting down the computer and restart your computer.
- Now run the anti-virus software that you have in your computer.
- Perform a complete scan and make sure the anti-virus software is updated to the latest version before running the scan.