The error code 0xC004F074 usually occurs when you are upgrading your Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 and you’re unable to continue with the activation process. The Windows 10 error code 0xC004F074 indicates that during the whole activation process, Key Management Service (KMC) couldn’t be contacted. Failed activation error is the most common issue among Windows 10 users. The reason behind these errors is that there were some bugs and issues when the Windows 10 was released in the year 2015. Furthermore, if you download a Windows from a pirated website, then there are chances that you might encounter with this error.
Despite function enhancement and features advancement, you encounter with the error 0xC004F074 which is quite frustrating. Therefore, if you encounter with this error while activating the Windows, then there are some steps which you can follow to resolve the error manually.
SOLUTIONS TO FIX ERROR CODE 0xC004F074 IN WINDOWS 10
There are some methods through which you can easily rectify the Windows activation error 0xC004F074. Simply follow the below-mentioned methods and steps to activate your Windows 10:
METHOD 1 – RUN ACTIVATION TROUBLESHOOTER
Usually, you encounter with this error when you have installed the latest update on your operating system. Therefore, you can run activation troubleshooter to resolve the error. Below-listed are some of the crucial steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Go to settings.
- Now, select the “Update and security” option.
- Then scroll down to locate troubleshooter.
- Afterwards, select “Windows Update.”
- Finally, press the “Run on the Troubleshooter” button.
If the error still remains, then run the Windows 10 activation troubleshooter.
- Open your system and click on the settings option.
- Click on the “Update and Security.”
- Press on the “Activation” option.
- Now, click on the troubleshooter button and wait or sometime to complete the process.
METHOD 2 – USAGE OF SLUI 3 COMMAND
If the above-mentioned method doesn’t prove to be beneficial I rectifying the error, then try Slui 3 command to fix the error.
- Press the Windows logo + R key simultaneously.
- In the run search box, type “Slui 3” and click on the enter button.
- Now, in the Window search bar type “Product Key.”
- Afterwards, on the left pane, click on the “Activate” button.
- Lastly, restart your operating system and check if the error disappeared or not.
METHOD 3 – USAGE OF SLMGR. VBS COMMAND
Apart from the above two methods, you can try Slmgr.vbs command to rectify the error. Just follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on the desktop icon.
- Now, press the left click on the start button and select “Command Prompt.”
- Then choose “Run as Administrator” and click on the “Yes” option to proceed further.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command:
“slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-(25 digit product key)
- Press the enter button.
- Afterwards, type “slmgr.vbs –ato” and click on the enter option.
- Lastly, reboot your system to check if the error disappears.
METHOD 4 – RUNNING OF SFC SCAN
Another method of eliminating the error 0xC004F074 is running of SFC scan. Simply follow the below steps to run SFC scan in your operating system:
- Press Window + R key at the same time.
- In the search box, type “cmd” and press enter button.
- Now, the command prompt Window will get open.
- Type “sfc/Scannow” in the command prompt Window.
- Afterwards, wait for some time to run the SFC scan.
- After the completion of a process, reboot your system and check if you’re still receiving the error message.
Hence, the aforementioned methods and steps should be followed strictly and carefully without missing any step. The above-mentioned steps will surely help you to activate your Windows 10 and eradicating the error 0xC004F074 from your system. If you still persist with the error, then it is suggested to take professional help for no further complication.