Error 0xc0000001 on Windows 10 has been encountered by some users when trying to install Windows 10. When you come across this error, the window setup loop and the error message keeps popping up. The following data on this error has been accumulated by NeoSmart Technologies, depending on the information collected and stated by our global network of developers, engineers, and partner or technicians organizations.
The 0xc0000001 error code in windows 10 can be caused by various reason, and the most common one being computer file damaged or corruption memory. Moreover, this error can also be caused by a damaged or missing (Security Account Manager) SAM system file. However, if the error prolongs even after following the below-mentioned method, our technical experts are always available to provide you the most satisfying support service.
Causes of Error Code 0xc0000001 in windows 10
This error can be caused due to several reasons:
- SAM file is corrupted: The (Security Accounts Manager) SAM file stores the user identifications/details and is necessary for Windows striking process. If that file is corrupt or missing, then the boot procedure frozen.
- System files are damaged: At times, this error code may encounter when the key boot-related computer files become corrupted due to the disk write error, virus attacks, or power outages.
- Computer File integrity compromised: This error code displays when the entire file system gets corrupted on a splendid scale for the same reasons.
- RAM is corrupted: In the worst case, a computer memory could be enduringly corrupted
Step to Fix Recovery Error Code 0xc0000001 in Windows 10
Method 1: Convert partition /drive to GPT
Method 1: If you require to wipe manually the drive and then transform it to GPT, perform these steps:
- Shut down your system and start your Windows 10 installation USB or DVD drive
- Boot your system to the DVD or USB key in UEFI mode.
- Go to Windows 10 Setup, press the keys Shift+F10. This displays a command prompt window.
- From CMD and start diskpart tool and type diskpart and press enter
- Then, enter list disk on CMD and Press enter. This allows you to recognize the system drive that you wish to reformat.
- Select the drive and reformat it by entering the performing on the command prompt:
- Choose disk < disk number > and press enter
- Click clean and press enter
- Convert GPT and press enter
- Exit and press enter
- Continue with the Windows 10 installation Setup
Note: when you’re provoked to select the installation type, ensure to select Custom. Then, select unallocated space and then click Next. This automatically starts the installation process of Windows 10.
Method II: Make use of “Easy Recovery Essentials”
Easy Recovery Essentials can solve many errors like this automatically uses its inherent Automated Repair preference. EasyRE is presently available for Windows Vista, XP, 7 and 8 and can be downloaded and generated on any system.
- Download the “Easy Recovery Essentials”. Ensure to note the Windows version (Vista, XP, 7 or 8) before you download the EasyRE. This instruction can assist you to detect Windows version you have installed.
- Burn the image. Perform these commands to burn the bootable ISO image accurately, as creating a bootable CD can be problematic! Moreover, these instructions guide how to create a bootable EasyRE repair USB drive/stick.
- Boot up your system from the Easy Recovery Essentials USB or CD you created.
- Once EasyRE is running, select the “Automated Repair” choice and then click ok
- After EasyRE scans your system’s drives, detect and choose the drive letter for the Windows installation from the options, and then select the Automated Repair button to start.
- Easy Recovery Essentials starts examining the chosen drive for the errors. EasyRE tests for and try to automatically fix errors with the partition, disk, boot sector, bootloader, filesystem, and registry.
- Once the process is done, EasyRE reports its findings. Select the Restart button to and test the modification.
- The “0xc0000001” error code is likely to be solved as soon as your computer starts to load.
Method III: To perform the Automatic Repair, use “Media Creation Tool”
Automatic Repair is a Windows utility/ feature that facilitates you to solve certain computer issues stopping you from starting or installing Windows. It functions by scanning the computer for any possible problem and tries to solve it.
- Download the tool “Media Creation”
- Boot your system by using the System Repair disc or the Windows 10 DVD.
- Select the exact time and the keyboard type.
- Click Repair your system at the lower left corner on the window screen.
- Select Troubleshoot from the screen option
- Click to the advanced options
- Select automatic repair
- This runs the utility automatically.
Method IV: Verify Hardware Devices
Another likely cause of the errors when installing Windows 10 is because of the associated external hard drives. To solve this, shut down your system. Then, unplug and eradicate all attached the external hard drive. If you’re making use of USB device to install the Windows 10, make sure your BIOS is set to boot your system from the USB.
Method V: Create a fresh Copy of the Windows 10 Installer
Another probable reason for encountering this error is because the copy of Windows 10 installer is damaged. To solve this, it’s suggested to create a fresh copy of Windows 10 installer.
- Go to the link
- Click the “Download tool now”. Select Run with the admin rights
- Select installation media for another system on the sections “What do you want to do?” and Click Next.
- Choose the edition, architecture, and language
- Select the media you wish to use. If you wish to utilize USB flash drive, ensure the device have at least 5GB of space. If you’re making use of an ISO file, you first have to save the file on your system and burn the file to a DVD.
Trustable Contact service from PHLAdvisor technical experts
Given with the detail description and step by step solution to rectify and fix the error code 0xc0000001 in Windows 10, we are positive enough that the user is easily able to resolve the error. However, you can always seek support from our reliable and trustworthy technical member if the error still exists. Our technical experts are known for providing the fastest and most satisfying service along with the required instructions.
To get in touch with PHLAdvisor technical professional, you simply need to contact at our helpline number 866-593-4777 which is actively available for 24×7 as per the requirement. The user can also benefit our responsive Live chat Support from our official website.