Users of printers, including those who use Epson printers, oftentimes face an issue with error codes. Here are some troubleshooting steps to address two such prominent error codes: error code 0x97 & 0xf1.
Sometimes an Epson printer gives out Epson printer error codes whenever there is an issue with its internal hardware. This issue is commonly known as Epson printer error code 0x97.
While a motherboard failure is at the bottom of such issue, it may also happen due to an issue with one or more internal parts of the printer.
Whenever the issue appears, it causes a printer to either stop printing or power itself off abruptly without any apparent reason. As is the case with the majority of hardware issues, this one can also be fixed by replacing the faulty hardware component. However, in case, you are not willing to go for a new hardware component, you can fix this issue by trying out a few simple troubleshooting steps.
Steps to troubleshoot Epson error code 0x97
If the issue appears due to a failure in one of the hardware components of your Epson printer, you can try out the following troubleshooting steps to address the issue on your own.
Unplug and plug in
As soon as you see this error message, turn off power and take out the plug of the printer from the switchboard.
- Disconnect all cables and unplug them.
- Remove USB drivers.
- Next, take out all the printer cartridges
- Now it is important to release the remaining current in the printer. This step is known as the power drain. Press down the power button to perform the power drain.
- Now power it again, plug in the USB and cables and install the printer cartridges again.
- Now take a look at the screen and try to figure out if you see the error message again. In case the problem persists, think about trying out the next set of troubleshooting steps.
Unplug and plug in once more
Sometimes the problem with the error code may persist even after completing the first set of troubleshooting steps. What can you do to make sure that you are able to find the proper resolution to the problem? There is a solution to it, though.
Performing the power drain step once again may help you in taking care of the issue.
Clean mechanic pad
If, in spite of trying the common troubleshooting steps, the issue does not get resolved then you can try out another simple step: cleaning the mechanic pad. Perform the steps given below.
- Power off the printer and unplug it.
- Take out the case and cover of the printer.
- Use a wet tissue paper with warm water and clean the printer of any dirt. Leave it there.
- Next, remove the tissue and allow the printer to dry out completely.
- Now turn the printer on and see if the issue has been resolved.
Epson printer error code 0xf1
Is the Epson printer error code 0xF1 stopping you from printing? If yes, you6- should make it a point of fixing the issue as soon as possible.
Normally this happens due to an issue with the registry entry in a computer. This renders the printer head unable to either read from the left side to the right or perform an operation related to printing.
Regardless of how complex the issue may sound; it can be resolved by following some simple troubleshooting steps. Follow the simple steps given below to address the issue as and when you face it with your Epson printer.
Steps to resolve Epson printer error oxf1
There are different ways to resolve the issue with Epson printer error code 0xf1. These types are listed below.
- Sometimes a piece of paper may get stuck inside the printer. Check if that is the reason for the malfunctioning of your printer.
- If it seems that there is different tissue responsible for causing your Epson printer to do not work in the usual manner, consider powering off your printer and leaving It that way for some time.
- Think about wiggling the printer heads.
If despite trying the above steps you are not able to resolve the issue, consider trying out some other troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Uninstalling and reinstalling a printer software
If all the other troubleshooting steps fail, this one may just do the trick.
Go to devices and printers > Right click on the Epson printer option and choose remove device > reboot the laptop or desktop. Next, add the printer from the existing menu.
So, there you go – There are some easy ways to take care of the common error codes linked to an Epson printer. Make a point of following the troubleshooting steps listed above to fix the issues linked to them.