Errors are the main problem that our windows face. Though these errors got fixed by every new update. Whenever there is a new update, our windows use to download it by itself. But sometimes things don’t go well and whenever you try to install a new update, it got failed with an error message 80240fff. In this article, we are going to talk about Error Code 0x80070057. This error is almost same with the windows 10 update error 0x80072ee7.
As it is written in the first paragraph, windows update error 0x80070057 indicates that the windows update have been failed and there can be many reasons for the occurrence of errors.
This error occurs when:
- You are trying to back up your files but it suffers from corruption.
- You want to install the Windows operating system but you notice that the Reserved Partition is already corrupted.
- You may notice that policy entries are interfering the update process.
- You will see some problems while installing updates and your system will keep you sending the same message “try again later”.
There are many registered complaints regarding the crash in the installation process. People said that it is happening at the time of new update. This error is known as error code 0x80070057. It is a very common error in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7. This error is so bad that it can corrupt your windows update files.
Whenever you see this error, the first thing that will occur to your mind is this is so annoying. But now there is nothing to worry about. Here are some methods to fix Error Code 0x80070057:
1. CONFIGURE AUTOMATIC UPDATES:
- Press and hold “WINDOWS” and “R” keys together.
- The “RUN” window will open on the PC screen.
(You can also open RUN window by clicking on “Start” and there in the search box, type “Run”. Then left click on the icon that has been opened on the screen.)
- In the Run dialog box, type “gpedit.msc” without the quotes.
- Press Enter
- You will see that Local Group Policy Editor has been popped up on the screen. Just click on the “Computer Configuration” option appearing on the right side of your PC screen.
- Next, open the folder named “Administrative Templates”.
- There, search for “Windows Components” folder and open it.
- There you will find a folder named “Windows Update”. Open that folder.
- In that folder, you will find an option of “Configure Automatic Updates”. See whether is set to “NOT CONFIGURED” or not.
- If it is already set, click on the start button.
- There is the search box type “Cmd”
- After the opening, click on “cmd.exe” icon and left click on the “Run as Administrator”
- In the Command Prompt window write “gpupdate/force” without any space.
- Press Enter
- Let the whole process finish and reboot your PC.
- Once the system restarts, check whether the update feature is appearing or not. If no, then move to the next method.
2. REPAIR YOUR PARTITION/RUN DISK CLEANUP:
Sometimes error happened when the partitions for the OS is damaged. Sometimes, you can fix this issue by running a good and hardware safe software. It will help your Pc to restore itself.
To check, follow these steps:
- Go to “problematic partition” folder and open it. There go to “Tools” options.
- Go to “Error checking” and click on the Check button to see whether your system is safe or not.
Temporary files and junk files can cause a lot of harm to your hard drive. It will let your OS partition to behave unpredictably. This step will help you to clean your PC.
3. RUN THE WINDOWS UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTER:
If you are looking for a best method of fixing the windows Update Error Code 0x80070057, you can go for “Windows Update Troubleshooter” method. This method can reliably and quickly scans/repairs the windows update components. It will help you to install the recent OS update without creating any problem.
- Run “troubleshooter” by going to Settings of the PC.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Go to Troubleshoot
- There you will find “Windows Update”. Open it.
4. RUN DISM and SFC COMMANDS:
DISM and SFC commands are known as one of the best methods for solving the issues related to Windows Updates. Follow these steps:
- Open “Command Prompt” as a manager. There, type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and tap Enter button.
(This may take few minutes to get processed)
- Once it gets processed, use the “System File Checker tool” and type “sfc/scannow” command and press the Enter Key.
- Once these 2 above steps are done, simply exit “command prompt” and run Windows Update. It will help you to get rid of this error.
5. RESET WINDOWS UPDATE COMPONENTS:
If you are still facing the problem, you can simply reset the windows update components using the following Commands:
- Launch the Windows Update Components and for that, type the following commands in the same order:
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc
After typing the following commands, just press Enter.
- If there is any old updated files, Delete it. For that, use this command:
- Use these commands to clean your “Windows Update cache”:
- Now, you have to register the Windows Update DLL files on the “Windows Registry”. Enter the commands given below and press enter,
- regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s shdocvw.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s browseui.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s jscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s vbscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s scrrun.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s msxml.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s msxml3.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s msxml6.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s actxprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s softpub.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wintrust.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s dssenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s rsaenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s gpkcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s sccbase.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s slbcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s cryptdlg.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s oleaut32.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s ole32.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s shell32.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s initpki.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wuapi.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng1.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wucltui.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wups.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wups2.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wuweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s qmgr.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s qmgrprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wucltux.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s muweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s wuwebv.dll
- Finally, restart the Windows Update Components by entering the following Commands:
- Net start bits
- Net start wuauserv
- Net start appidsvc
- Net start cryptsvc
These are the Five methods to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80070057. We hope that it will help you to keep your PC safe.