Can you Download Movies from Netflix?
In 2016, Netflix announced that their Subscribers can download Netflix Movies from their website or app. With this Offline mode, anyone with a Netflix subscription can watch anything even without any access to the Internet.
This feature is available on the Netflix app for both, Apple and Android. Even a person with a PC can avail this feature. Here are some important things that you need for how to download movies from Netflix:
- First of all, it’s very important to have a good internet connection.
- Have a Netflix account
- Have an Apple device with least iOS 9.0 or a device with least Android 4.4.2.
- A PC with the Windows 10 Version 1607 or later.
- Lastly, an updated Netflix App.
- Storage: It depends on the Video. Always check whether your device has enough space or not.
- Quality: Netflix gives you two options, either you can download it in the Standard quality or in the High quality.
- Moving files to a desktop or PC: It’s not possible.
Steps how to download movies from Netflix:
- Open Netflix app or visit Netflix.com.
- Go to the Menu button.
- Tap on “Available for Download” option.
- Choose the movie that you are willing to download.
- Tap on the Download button next to the selected movie.
Though the process is very simple, there are some detailed steps that one should keep in mind. So let’s get started.
- Stay Updated:
It is very important to check whether you Netflix app is up-to-date or not. If it’s not, then set it to auto update or simply visit app store/google play and update it. If you want to use the Netflix app in Windows, just go according to the following steps:
- Go to Store in the Start menu,
- Choose the Apps,
- Click on Downloads or Updates.
- Finally, select “Check for Updates” and the Netflix will get the update by itself.
- Select the Downloading Quality:
Netflix app offer downloads in two qualities:
- High Quality: It provides a video between 720p to 1080p resolution, though it is not specified. It also takes a bit more space and time to download.
- Standard Quality: It uses less space on your device and usually downloads faster.
It also depends on the free space of your device. To choose the quality, follow the following steps:
- Select Menu Icon and scroll down to the Settings of the App. Select the menu icon on the left and scroll down to its Settings.
- There you will find an option to choose the quality.
- Choose the preferable quality.
- Choose from all:
It’s not compulsory that everything on Netflix is available for download. You will see a section called “Simply Available to download”, where you can find all the downloadable Netflix movies.
To get there, follow these steps:
- Click on the Menu button present in the upper-left corner of your device.
- Search for any preferable movie.
- Later, look for the download option.
- Go for Downloading:
If you want to download a movie, simply select the “Download” icon.
(Note: Android users can only download the movies as per their storage available in the device in which Netflix app has been saved. This means that if you want to download Netflix movies to an SD card, you have to move the Netflix app to the same place.)
- Watch the downloaded content:
Once you downloaded a title, it will appear in the My Downloads folder. It is found by clicking on the menu button available at the upper-left corner of your device’s screen. You can see that folder above the Home section. The content’s running time and space it is using will be listed beside it. To play it, simply click on the video thumbnail.
So here the whole process ends. We hope now you know whether “You can Download Movies from Netflix or not”.