If you are looking around on how to clean a computer screen, you can use a homemade cleaning agent other than purchasing a cleaning solution. It is easy to make and is very effective. What you will need are clean distilled water (avoid tap water as they contain a lot of minerals which can damage the screen which may cause computer screen getting discolored) and white vinegar.
Before you begin, wipe the computer with a clean dry cloth to remove the dust particles from the screen.
Start by adding a 50% white vinegar and 50% distilled water mixture.
Clean computer screen using that solution.
If you find that the cleaning agent is not strong enough you may add more white vinegar to the solution.
NOTE: Things to remember while cleaning the computer screen.
- Make sure the monitor or the computer is POWERED OFF before you clean.
- Avoid directly applying the solution to the screen such as using a spray, wet the cloth with the solution and clean the screen.
- Do not use any liquid on the computer screen.
- Do not use hard cloth.
- Do not use any object or your fingernails to remove stubborn stains on the screen.
- Always use a soft, lint-free cloth (do not use paper towels, Dishtowels or Facial tissues)
- Use a solution of distilled water and mild soap if required to remove stubborn stains.