How to Add or Connect Wireless Printer to Mac
Here are Steps to Add or Connect Printer To Mac
- Switch on the printer and use the printer control panel settings to connect the wireless printer with the home Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the username and password when prompt and connect the wireless printer with the wifi.
- If your printer came in with a installation CD, then install the printer software on your mac computer.
- If you do not have the installation CD, you can visit your printer support website and download/install the latest version of software available.
- After the software installation completes, connect the Mac to the same wifi that the wireless printer is connected to.
- Click on the Apple logo on the top, and select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners in the hardware section.
- If you are unable to find it, on the top right of the window, use the search box to find it.
- Click on the “+” (plus) symbol to Add a Printer which is on the left side of the control panel.
- A new window will open, Click on the IP tab and choose Internet Printing Protocol IPP.
- Enter the IP address of your wireless printer and give a name to the printer.
- From the dropdown list, choose the correct driver for your printer and click on Add.
- The printer and computer will process the information and print out a test print when the connection is complete.