This guide on restoring your HP desktop system to original factory settings is for Windows 10. The steps are quite similar for Windows 7 but if you are using a Windows 7 and require help, let me know I can share with you the same.
- Begin by turning off your computer. After the computer shuts down disconnect all devices and cables that are connected to your HP Desktop.
- Leave only the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord connected.
- Turn on the computer. On the search screen, type in Recovery Manager, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the list.
- Under Help, click on Windows System Reset.
- From the two option, select on Keep my files.
- A window will appear showing you Wait while the computer gets things ready.
- It will show you Your apps will be removed, and then click Next.
- A warning message will show up asking you the following If you continue to Reset the PC, you won’t be able to undo, or go back, to a previous version of Windows, Click on next
- On the Ready to reset this PC window, click Reset and Follow any on-screen instructions.