This error code of epson printer occurs when there is a internal hardware error or due to minute stray current in the printer motherboard causing it to stopped functioning. I will show you how to resolve it and check if the issue is caused due to the stray current or due to an internal hardware error.
How To Fix Epson Printer Error 0x97
Method 1: To remove any stray current in the printer.
- Power off your epson printer and unplug all the cables connected to the printer and the ink cartridges.
- Press and hold down the power button for 60 seconds to remove any stray current in the printer.
- Connect the power cable back into the printer and check if the error code 0x97 shows up or not.
Method 2: Reset the printer.
- Turn off your epson printer and unplug all the cables and power cords from the printer.
- Wait for few minutes and then with no cable connected to the printer, press and hold the power button for more than a minute.
- Keep pressing the power button, connect the power cable to the printer and press the power button for another minute (note: do not release the power button through the whole process)
- Now release the power button and switch on the epson printer and check if you still get the epson printer error 0x97.
Method 3: Clean the internal Pad of the printer.
- Turn off your epson printer and unplug all the power cables.
- Open and remove the printer cover.
- Use a soft wet cloth and clean the pads of the printer.
- Wait till the pads dries completely.
- Now plugged in the power cable to the printer and see if the error code 0x97 still persists or not