sofia james | Published On : 10/26/18 10:23 AM
Configuration of Computers involves a series of steps and following it ends up with successful set up of the computer to wireless internet. Prior attempting to print or scan to your printer from a computer via a specific network it is recommended to connect the printer first to the network and install software on the computer. Follow the below listed instructions. It will guide you to go ahead of the process to set up your printer on a wireless network. Collect the wireless network items then link to your wireless network, and finally install the print driver and software.
How to Set up HP Printer for a Wireless Network:
- Set up for Installation:
Prior the configuration of the printer on your wireless network collect the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.
- Collect all the necessary credentials such as: network name, security passphrase, computer that is connected to the wireless network, internet access and wireless-capable printer.
- Ensure that the printer, router, and computer are turned on, and that the computer is linked to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer.
- Disable the USB cable in case it is linked to the printer.
- If you have installed the software for a USB connection earlier and now want to shift to a wireless network connection, delete the USB installation prior going ahead.
- Find Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.
- Open the printer software.
- Click Utilities -> Click Printer Setup -> Choose Software.
- Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.
- Go according to the instructions to complete the connection. When the printer set up is done on the wireless network, no need to follow the steps.
II: Configure the Printer to the Network:
Follow the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer control panel to configure the printer to the network.
- Go to the Wireless menu on the printer -> Click Settings.
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Go through the instructions listed on the screen.
III: Download & Install the Printer Software
HP recommends installing the latest version of the full feature printer software from the HP website to get the latest updates.
- Start the printer.
- Disable the USB cable from the printer in case required.
- The software installation gives you a message to connect the cable if required.
- Move to HP customer support – Software and Driver Downloads link.
- In order to start the product displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.
- Click Change -> Choose your version -> Click Change, if you need to change the operating system.
- Click Download for the full software package, or click Basic Drivers for other driver options under the driver heading
How to Configure Canon MG2922 Printer for a Wireless Network?
Prior starting the configuration process check out the conditions that are supposed to be fulfilled in order to use the WPS push button way: The point of access must be the WPS push button available. Your network must be using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Ensure that the Printer is Enabled:
Hold the Wi-Fi button on the top of the printer till the alarm lamp flashes.
II: Assure that the lamp Flashes Blue:
- Check that the button flashes blue and then go to your access point and press the WPS button in few minutes.
- More details on starting WPS on your access point, go through the user guide.
- While searching the (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue ﬂashing and the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash once it is connected to the access point.
- Once the printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network, the power and Wi-Fi lamp stops flashing.
How to Configure Brother Printer for a Wireless Network?
In order to set up Brother printer for a wireless network you need to seek the wireless network settings of your wireless router or access point. You have to verify and write down the current wireless network settings such as: the network name (also known as SSID or SSID) and the network key (also known as Password, Security Key, or Encryption Key).
Follow the below mentioned detailed steps to configure your Brother printer on a wireless network:
- Link the power cord to your Brother printer -> Connect it properly.
- Start/Enable your Brother printer.
- Go to the Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Use the Up or Down arrow key to choose Network -> Click Ok.
- Again use the Up or Down arrow key to choose WLAN -> Click Ok.
- Hold the Up or Down arrow key to choose Setup Wizard -> Click Ok.
- Once WLAN enable appears -> Choose Yes to enable the wireless network.
- Start the wireless setup wizard.
- The printer locates your network and display a list of available Network Names (SSIDs).
- Once the list of SSIDs is displayed -> Use the Up or Down arrow keys to choose the SSID you wrote down earlier -> Click Ok.
- Attempt one of the following:
- In case you use an authentication and encryption method that needs the Network Key (Password)
- Write the Network Key number-> Click OK to apply your settings -> Choose Yes to apply the settings.
- If your authentication method is Open System and your encryption mode is None
- Move to the next step.
- The printer attempts to connect to the desired wireless network.
How to Configure Epson Printer for a Wireless Network?
Go through the below mentioned step-wise instructions to start Epson Connect for your Epson printer in Windows.Check that your printer is configured with a wireless or Ethernet connection as detailed. To begin the setup you need to go to the Epson printer support page then choose your printer and then choose manuals.
- Download and install the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
- Click Next once you agree to the End-User License Agreement.
- Click Install -> Click Finish.
- Choose your printer -> Click Next.
- Select Printer Registration -> Click Next.
- Choose Agree -> Click Next
- Once you notice the the Register a printer to Epson Connect message -> Click Ok.
- Attempt one of the following:
- In case you are making a new new account, enter Create an Epson Connect Account form -> Click Finish.
- In case you are registering a new product with an existing account -> Choose I already have an account -> Enter the Add a new printer form -> Click Add.
- Click Finish & Close
For further assistance in the setup process of any of the printers you can connect with PHLAdvisor. It is a reliable agency that houses experienced and knowledgeable technical experts who help will guide you with the right steps and resolve your query or problem. They assure you quick resolution in a minimum wait time. You can connect with the team via the phone support number, email support and live chat option. Dial the toll free phone number 866-593-4777 and acquire best support for printer Setup.